Scholarships for Speedway, Inc. has two unique scholarship categories:
1. High School Senior Scholarships
2. Continuing Education Scholarships
Please see below for more information about each type of scholarship and its associated application form.
High School Senior Scholarships
1. Applicants must be a Senior who will graduate from Speedway High School.
2. Applicants must be planning to attend an accredited college, university,
technical or vocational school.
3. Deadline for applying is in January each year. (See application for exact date)
4. Applicants must fill out the entire application which consists of an
essay, a Student Information Page, Qualification Pages, and an Acknowledgement/Release
form and turn it in to the Guidance Office at Speedway High School before the
5. DO NOT put your name on the application. The Guidance Office will assign a
confidential student number to your application and essay.
6. Scholarships will be awarded at the SHS Honor Night program.
Click HERE for the 2023 High School Senior Scholarship Application
Continuing Education Scholarships
1. Continuing Education Scholarships are available to college students for their
second, third and fourth year of college.
2. The student must be a resident of Speedway, Indiana.
3. Students must submit an application prior to the deadline. The deadline is typically in early June
and scholarships are awarded in July.
4. Information regarding the topic for continuing education scholarship responses
is available in May of each year. The topic will be available on this website
and through local media press releases.
Applications are due by Monday, June 5th at 10:00pm to:
2121 North Lynhurst Drive
Speedway, IN 46224
Home Phone: (317)-243-9753
Cell Phone: (317)-418-0416
Application consists of the following:
1. Submit one cover page with the following information:
Address (must be a resident of Speedway)
High School Attended and Date of Graduation
Name of College in which currently enrolled
A List of Community Service activities
A List of Extracurricular activities
2. Submit one copy of a college report giving evidence that at least one year of study (24 credits) has been completed.
3. For the 2023 application, respond to the following:
4. Submit three copies of the above response which is no longer than two 8.5 x 11 inch double-spaced pages.
(Do not put your name on the three copies.)
5. Incomplete applications or applications turned in after the submission deadline will be ineligible.
For more information, please visit the FAQ